Situated in Merida, the capital city of Yucatan, Rosas & Xocolate is a contemporary luxury masterpiece and a member of Design Hotels™.
The boutique hotel is an eclectic combination of modern style and old-world charm that brings back the splendor of the 19th Century, when the sisal industry was thriving in this region of Mexico.
Brought to life in two historical mansions, its 17 rooms and sumptuous areas are individually designed to the highest standards and delicately furnished with creations made by local artisans.
From its prime location on the prestigious Avenue Paseo de Montejo, the hotel offers guests an authentic & fascinating cultural experience. Museums, galleries, colorful markets and handcrafts boutiques are nearby, providing an air of stylish luxury with the authenticity of the Mayan heritage.
Rosas & Xocolate arises in two historical mansions situated on the Paseo de Montejo that had remained uninhabited for more than three decades.
When Carol Kolozs fortuitously visited the properties; inspiration emerged almost immediately and brought together a talented group of dedicated artisans and professionals.
The name came after… Carol’s mother was named Rose and Rosado was the family’s name who formerly owned the property. Rosas was then a name meant to be along with Xocolate, the Mayan word for chocolate, as a reference to the civilization who discovered first Cocoa and offered it to their gods.
The Architect Salvador Reyes Rios, renowned for his work restoring numerous haciendas in the Yucatan, went beyond historic preservation to create Rosas & Xocolate.
French wooden doorways, original tiled floors, 14 to 20 feet ceilings and antique columns, live together with suspended staircases, state-of-the-art entertainment systems, open-sky bathtubs and water gardens.
Built as a symbol of prestige, the architecture is focused on public spaces. From the grand entrance to the terraces, glass is used abundantly to allow natural light flow, creating a feeling of liberty and reflecting a commitment with art and design.
Equipped with environmental technology, Rosas & Xocolate is eco-friendly. Most of the materials used are 100% natural and primarily derived from local sources.
More than a hotel, Rosas & Xocolate was conceived as a lifestyle destination.
The hotel’s restaurant is a celebration by itself. Chef Mario Espinosa is the author of the culinary specialties and now steps into the spotlight bringing his creative Signature Cuisine using a fusion of flavors and species from Mexico and the Yucatan. On the rooftop, the trendsetter open sky Moon Lounge is the perfect evening hangout, filled with tasty drinks, good music and seductive atmosphere
The Tequila Lobby Bar and the Wine Library are synonymous of inspiring décor and soft lighting that set a familiar environment. The selected vast cellar features over 150 labels from over 10 countries.
The Chocolate Boutique offers Mexican artesian chocolates provided by Belgian master chocolatier Mathieu Brees, whose pioneering efforts are bringing back the rich history of chocolate in the region.
Rosas & Xocolate provides a motivating and luxury fitness center with an onsite specialist as well as an intimate spa setting: everything is designed in a natural ambiance with careful thought interiors and the latest equipment.
- Outdoor bathtubs
- Flat Screen Television
- Bose Sound System with DVD, CD and iPod Dock
- Free High-speed Wireless Internet
- 2 IP Telephones
- In-room Safe
- L`Occitane Products
- Handmade 100% natural rose and chocolate soap
- Contemporary Restaurant with open air terraces
- Moon Lounge –roof top bar.
- Tequila Lobby Bar and Library
- Belgium – Mexican Chocolate Boutique
- Fitness Center with an onsite trainer
- Swimming Pool
- Private Beach Club – 40 minutes away
- Valet Parking &Parking Lot
- High speed Internet access in all public areas
- Laundry & Dry Cleaning Services
- Room Service
- Smoke – Free Environment with designated smoking areas.
- Opened since: December 2009
- Director: Carol Kolozs Fischer.
- Architect Salvador Reyes Ríos
- Restoration specialist: Josefina Larrain
- Team: Architect Juan Carlos Galván and Interior Designer Ana Laura Long.
- Hotel: 14 rooms & 3 suites.
- Restaurant: Bistro with capacity of100 people, Interior Terrace, Outdoor Terraza with view to Paseo de Montejo and Moon Lounge.
- Adress: Paseo de Montejo 480 x 41 Col. Centro, Mérida.