Distance from nearest airport:
50 minutes from Merida International Airport
Local tourist attractions:
Uxmal, Puuc Route, Mwrida, Calcehtok Caves, Campeche
Santa Rosa Superior double bed 2 Superior King bed 2 Junior Suite King bed 1 Junior Suite double bed 2 Deluxe suite King bed 1 Deluxe suite double bed 2 Mayan Villa King bed 1 Total 11
In the past, Hacienda Santa Rosa was an imposing property belonging to the nobility and which, with the passing of several generations, became a luxurious 11 bedroom residence, with two swimming pools and a botanical garden; this Hacienda is ideal for those travelers who wish to stay in a hotel that makes them feel truly comfortable at home. Hacienda Santa Rosa is located one hour away from Mérida International Airport, it is within a Mayan community, a fact that will allow you to learn and mix with the descendants of this ancient culture. You can visit the craft shops where, with the support of the Fundacion Haciendas del Mundo Maya. The local Mayan women make and sell products such as candles, jewelry, henequen bags, rugs and hammocks in order to obtain an income that helps improve their quality of life. Staying at Hacienda Santa Rosa you will be able to visit some great natural beauty spots such as the Calcehtok caves and Celestun reserve where you will be delighted to watch hundreds of flamingoes in their natural habitat.
The Hacienda has 11 rooms located in the original buildings. These have been restored maintaining their original style; the interior is decorated with XIX century furniture, the original floors were preserved as much as possible and the colors of the walls were kept in the fashionable shades of those times. The rooms are very spacious, Standard rooms have a surface of approximately 40 square meters and the Suites are larger at 60 square meters, they have tall ceilings and all rooms have a hammock where the guest can choose to sleep in the Mayan fashion.
An important feature is that amenities such as body lotion, shampoo and hair conditioner are in clay containers to avoid the production of waste, also, some are hand made by artisans from our Fundacion.
- Non-smoking rooms
- Internet (service cannot be guaranteed 24 hours because of our location)
- Bathroom Scale
- Hair dryer
- LCD 32” flat screen TV
- 1 King bed or 2 Queen beds
- Egyptian cotton sheets
- Goose feather pillows
- I-Pod docking station and alarm clock
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- Safe deposit box
Maximum occupancy per room:
- 2 adults and 2 minors (below 12 years old) or 3 adults (Third guest at extra charge)
- Superior room (40 m2) Rooms have a bedroom and a large bathroom; they are decorated with antique furniture. The high ceilings and the spaciousness of the area make these rooms a most comfortable and pleasant place.
- Junior Suite (50 m2) Rooms have one bedroom, a spacious bathroom and a terrace, with a shared private pool, they are perfect for families.
- Mayan Villa (60 m2) Villa privacy, a villa designed in the Mayan way, located at the back of the Hacienda.
- Decorated to make it romantically comfortable, it has a spacious terrace, a hammock, an outdoor tub surrounded by lush vegetation. The bathroom is made of stone. The bedroom has a hanging bed and Egyptian cotton sheets.